Sunday, March 18, 2012

Top 100 Songs Of My Life


It's my 100th blog post and I wanted to come up with something epic that sums up the way I feel about music - the way it has shaped me, transformed me, and moved me over the past 25 years. So, in no particular order, except for the Top 10 maybe, here are my top 100 songs of my life.

1. Bon Jovi - "Always"
2. Skid Row - "I Remember You"
3. Meat Loaf - "I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)"
4. Butch Walker - "Best Thing You Never Had"
5. Bright Eyes - "Lover I Don't Have To Love"
6. Brand New - "Me Vs. Maradona Vs. Elvis"
7. Melissa Etheridge – “Like The Way I Do”
8. Huey Lewis & the News- "The Heart of Rock 'N Roll"
9. Celine Dion - "If That's What It Takes"
10. Don McLean – “American Pie”



11. Monica - "Angel Of Mine"
12. Sebastian Bach – “(I’ll Never Turn My Back On) Rock ‘N Roll”
13. John Waite – “Missing You”
14. Live – “The Dolphins’ Cry”
15. Heather Nova – “Blood Of Me”
16. U2 – “With Or Without You”
17. Heart – “All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You”
18. Meat Loaf – “I’d Lie For You (And That’s The Truth)”
19. Sophie B. Hawkins – “Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover”
20. Bryan Adams – “Everything I Do (I Do It For You)"



21. Will Smith - "Will 2K"
22. Taking Back Sunday - "You're So Last Summer"
23. Hole - "Malibu"
24. Great White - "Save Your Love"
25. Britney Spears - "...Baby One More Time"
26. Vicci Martinez - "Jolene (Live)"
27. The Pretty Reckless - "Make Me Wanna Die"
28. Damien Rice -"Volcano"
29. Cinderella - "Heartbreak Station"
30. The Wonders - "That Thing You Do"



31. Kings of Leon - "Closer"
32. Matchbox 20 - "Back 2 Good"
33. Third Eye Blind - "Slow Motion"
34. Bret Michaels - "One More Day"
35. Tesla - "What You Give"
36. Skid Row - "Monkey Business"
37. Whitesnake - "Here I Go Again"
38. Van Morrison - "Brown Eyed Girl"
39. Poison - "Life Goes On"
40. Aerosmith - "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing"


41. Bon Jovi - "Wedding Day"
42. Carly Hennessy - "Just Missed The Train"
43. The Verve - "The Drugs Don't Work"
44. The Smiths - "Unloveable"
45. Bob Carlisle - "Butterfly Kisses"
46. Bruce Springsteen - "The River"
47. Sarah McLachlan - "Full of Grace"
48. Death Cab For Cutie - "Tiny Vessels"
49. The Shins - "Caring Is Creepy"
50. Of Monsters And Men - "Little Talks"



51. Death Cab For Cutie - "Champagne From A Paper Cup"
52. Jay-Z - "99 Problems"
53. Dashboard Confessional - "Screaming Infidelities"
54. Bright Eyes - "Lua"
55. Garth Brooks - "Friends In Low Places"
56. White Lion - "Farewell To You"
57. Taking Back Sunday - "The Ballad Of Sal Villanueva"
58. Brand New - "Degausser"
59. The Committments - "Mustang Sally"
60. Brand New - "Soco Amaretto Lime"



61. Tuff - "American Hair Band"
62. Bon Jovi - "Stick To Your Guns"
63. Something Corporate - "Konstantine"
64. Marvelous 3 - "Cigarette Lighter Love Song"
65. Usher - "Burn"
66. Melissa Etheridge - "Come To My Window"
67. Guns N Roses - "Paradise City"
68. Celine Dion - "It's All Coming Back To Me Now"
69. Semisonic - "Closing Time"
70. Jimmy Eat World - "Night Drive"



71. Phantom Planet - "One Ray Of Sunlight"
72. Bon Jovi - "I'll Be There For You"
73. Our Lady Peace - "Do You Like It"
74. Damien Race - "Cannonball"
75. Jann Arden - "Insensitive"
76. Melissa Etheridge - "An Unusual Kiss"
77. Avril Lavigne - "My Happy Ending"
78. Therapy? - "Lonely, Cryin' Only"
79. Death Cab For Cutie - "Photobooth"
80. Our Lady Peace - "4 AM"



81. Bon Jovi - "Bad Medicine"
82. Hanson - "A Minute Without You"
83. Sarah McLachlan - "Possession"
84. Bryan Adams - "One Night Love Affair"
85. Nine Inch Nails - "Closer"
86. Bob Seger - "Old Time Rock 'N Roll"
87. Grant Lee Buffalo - "Fuzzy"
88. Bonnie Tyler - "Total Eclipse Of The Heart"
89. The Phantom Of The Opera - "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again"
90. Stroke 9 - "Kick Some Ass"



91. Bright Eyes - "Haligh, A Lie, Haligh"
92. Rilo Kiley - "The Good That Won't Come Out"
93. The Smiths - "How Soon Is Now"
94. Martha & the Vandells - "Dancing In The Streets"
95. OMD - "If You Leave"
96. Rod Stewart - "My Heart Can't Tell You No"
97. Gin Blossoms - "Found Out About You"
98. Bon Jovi - "Blood On Blood"
99. Skid Row - "In A Darkened Room"
100. Concrete Blonde - "Joey"

2 comments:

Yankee Talk said...

So glad Phantom of the Opera made it on here :) That Thing You Do is an interesting choice, it is a great song, but I wouldn't think it'd make your top 100. This is an overall interesting list you have compiled here.

Meghan said...

I'd have to include "That Thing You Do" because I adored the soundtrack when I was 11 (when the movie came out) and listened to it constantly while doing my homework. The song has stayed in my life ever since and even made it onto Meghan's 22nd Birthday Mix Part 1 (which was played at my party as you may remember). Also it represents my undying love for all things 60's, oldies, and Motown.