Two words: Matt Giraud


Simon Cowell thinks the Top 3 on American Idol this season will be Adam-Danny-Lil. With the exception of Adam, if this turns out to be the Top 3 - AMERICA GOT IT WRONG. I liked Danny in the auditions, but his flat singing and somewhat arrogant personality has gotten to me. Lil has NEVER proven herself to be a good singer, and her rendition this week of "The Rose" was hideous.

Kris Allen - who I love - should sail straight to the finale on his beautiful voice, aw-shucks good looks, and nice personality. Kris even plays the guitar! Allison Iraheta is polarizing - some weeks I love her, other weeks I am iffy. Anoop Desai has long been a favorite of mine, but sadly there is no way he will win the competition.

And then there is Matt Giraud.

My unlikely favorite, my dark horse - Matt is the one who has truly EARNED my admiration and affection over the past few weeks. Both his studio and live renditions are the most frequently played on my Itunes.

Yes, Matt faltered with "Viva La Vida" and "You Found Me". Then he shined with "Let's Get It On", "Who's Loving You" (this was very early in the competition), "So Small", "Part Time Lover" and even the song that garnered him the lowest number of votes last night - "Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman".

When Matt was the lowest vote getter last night, my heart skipped a beat. (I voted for him approximately 30 times but that was not enough to save him.) I am not afraid to admit that I cried in that moment. And when the judges saved him, I still cried. This is why American Idol is one of my favorite shows - for these moments of true drama and emotion. And because of contestants like Matt Giraud.

Matt's live version of "Part Time Lover"

Live performance of "Let's Get It On"

Plus it would have been a TRAVESTY if Matt had gone home and Lil had stayed! Kind of like last season when Michael Johns was eliminated and Kristy Lee Cook was still inexplicably on the show. Yes, I am still bitter.

Matt - I will be voting for you every week. I'm a believer.

Comments

Yankee Talk said…
Simon Cowell thinks the Top 3 on American Idol this season will be Adam-Danny-Lil. With the exception of Adam, if this turns out to be the Top 3 - AMERICA GOT IT WRONG..

You can vote 123,325 times and it won't matter, it is all STAGED!
Meghan said…
It is not staged!! I think the judges comments might be staged to influence the voting, but EVERY VOTE COUNTS! OK!?!?!