Monday, March 30, 2009

Most Heartbreaking Songs

Based on this blog post on Entertainment Weekly (http://music-mix.ew.com/2009/03/heartbreaking-s.html) I decided to make my own list of the most heartbreaking songs. The readers on this site posted many good ones, so I thought I'd break my down by genre.

Country
* Brad Paisley - Whiskey Lullaby
* Garth Brooks - More Than A Memory
* Garth Brooks - The Dance

Pop/Rock
* Bon Jovi - Wedding Day
* U2 - With Or Without You
* Carly Smithson - Just Missed The Train
* Harry Nillson/Badfinger - Without You
* The Verve - The Drugs Don't Work
* The Smiths - Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
* The Smiths - Unloveable
* Bob Carlisle - Butterfly Kisses
* Bruce Springsteen - The River
* Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
* Ben Harper - Waiting For You
* Sarah McLachlan - Full of Grace
* Death Cab For Cutie - Tiny Vessels

And way too many more to list.

3 comments:

Anthony said...

Here are some rando ones I enjoy:

One by U2
Wild Horses by The Stones
The Winner Takes it All by Abba (don't laugh!)
One of Us by Abba
Yesterday by The Beatles
Wake Up, Open The Door, And Escape To The Sea by Blaqk Audio
Miss You by Blink 182

Anthony said...

Some other ones I found on my playlist...

Cup of Coffee by Garbage
Mad World (cover) by Gary Jules
A Question of Heaven by Iced Earth (my fav metal group)
Cancer by My Chemical Romance
Gone Away by The Offspring
I Grieve by Peter Gabriel (I think this was in that movie City Of Angels...I'm such a girl.)
How's It Going to Be by Third Eye Blind

Meghan said...

Trust me Anthony - I wanted to include "The Winner Takes It All" by ABBA but I too thought people would laugh at me. That song has been known to bring tears to my eyes!! And "One of Us" is also an amazing song. Not to be confused with the Joan Osbourne song...what if God was one of us? Just a stranger on the bus!